When choosing dental care for your family, you may be tempted to select a family dentist. There are numbers of families have a pediatrician, who looks after their children’s overall health, but not everyone takes their child to see a pediatric dentist. Some see the general dentist, it’s because general dentistry is uniquely oriented toward the prevention of disease.
Even after knowing the importance of visiting the Toronto dentist clinic, some only take their children to worse.
In this blog, we’ll discuss those differences and explain, why your child will benefit from seeing a pediatric dentist or a general dentist, who serve dental care service to people of all ages.
- Pediatric dentists are professionally dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years.
- After earning a doctoral degree in dentistry, aspiring pediatric dentists must complete a residency in pediatric dentistry and earn a license in both dentistry and pediatric dentistry.
- Pediatric dentists are better equipped to handle special need of children.
- This type of dentist possesses the qualifications to care for a child’s mouth, gums, and teeth all throughout all phases of childhood and adolescence, treatment may provide - diagnosis of overall oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- A pediatric dentist is just like any other dentist professionals, only they specialize in treating children, which qualifies them to identify themselves as a Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry.
- A general dentist may be a primary dental care provider. This dentist diagnoses, treats, and manages your overall oral health care needs, including gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and preventive education.
- General dentists can begin their career after graduating from dental school and earning a license
- General dentist certainly have the ability to treat special need of children, but lack the continuing education in pediatric.
- General dentistry checkups provide deep, routine cleanings to remove the accumulation of plaque and impede the likelihood of dental caries. Further, if necessary, these also provide fluoride treatments to shield the teeth. These treatments are pivotal in the determent of tooth decay.
- General dentists are the main providers of dental care to people of all ages, whether young or small kid.
If you’d really like to feel the difference between a pediatric dentist and a general dentist, then contact us today and schedule an appointment at Downtown Toronto Dentist clinic. The convenience of having all of your dental needs handled under one roof is hard to beat.